Frequently Asked Dental Questions
Are the Procedures of Cosmetic Dentistry Performed Strictly for Cosmetic Reasons?
The term Cosmetic Dentistry is a little misleading because a number of the procedures used for cosmetic dentistry are not strictly for cosmetic purposes. A fixed bridge, for example, may be used to correct a bite problem rather than repair stained or chipped teeth. Cosmetic dentistry can have both beneficial health and psychological benefits; when you look good, you feel good too.
It’s been medically proven that smiling can improve your health and help fight disease. A great smile is an important part of your health and contributes to your happiness.
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
But how you look is about more than just how you dress!
Every year tens-of-thousands of people undergo cosmetic surgery and spend thousands on cosmetics and make-up to enhance their appearance, but what about their smile?
When you talk with someone, the two areas we naturally focus on are your eyes and teeth. People will form opinions of you based on your appearance.
Visible cavities, unsightly defective teeth and fillings, gum disease, crooked and misshapen teeth are hard to miss. It is true that judgments based on your appearance are superficial; however, a great smile will affect the way people think of you.
If you had a magic wand, what cosmetic changes would you make to your appearance?
If you have any questions about improving your appearance with cosmetic dentistry, contact us today or book a dentist appointment online.
What Cosmetic Dental Procedures Can Improve Your Smile?
- Replacing discoloured fillings in front teeth
- Whiten teeth to a lighter/white colour
- Straightening crooked teeth with Invisalign Orthodontics
- Recontouring of your teeth
- Closing spaces between teeth
- Resin or porcelain veneers to change the shape and alignment of teeth
- Using tooth-coloured fillings on back teeth instead of silver fillings
- Resin or porcelain inlays for back teeth
- Periodontal cosmetic surgery to even-out crooked gum tissue
- Restoration of worn and short teeth to their proper shape
- Replacing missing teeth with bridges or implants
- Replacing defective or unsightly old crowns
- Filling in tooth-brush abrasion notches
- Remove stained fracture lines from enamel
- Restore chipped teeth
- Making teeth shorter or longer
Are There Different Types of Cosmetic Dentistry?
What Is Teeth Whitening?
Zoom whitening is done in our offices in several visits using a special lamp (as featured in Extreme Makeover). The teeth whitening results are remarkable and will not undermine healthy tooth structure.
What Is Bonding?
Bonding is a one-step process, which can last several years. However, bonding is more susceptible to staining and chipping than other forms of restoration.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
A laminate, just like a cap (or crown) is not reversible, since part of the enamel is removed during the bonding procedure in order to attach the porcelain veneer. Porcelain veneers have a much longer life expectancy and colour stability than bonding.
What Are Caps or Crowns?
What Options Are There for Payment?
Can I Finance My Cosmetic Dental Work?
Our helpful Dental Admin team would be happy to offer you more information and credit applications.
Do I Have to Complete My Own Dental Insurance Claim?
What Amenities Are Available at the Dental Care Clinic?
For your comfort, we offer the following amenities:
- Complimentary beverages
- Overhead LCD TV’s for every operatory
- Web-based financing options
- Chair-side internet access
- Pillows and blankets
- Digital photography of your makeover
- Computer imaging – a digital preview of your new smile
- Intra-oral Cameras – take a visual tour of your mouth with a camera the size of a felt-pen
What If I Don’t Know Vancouver Very Well?
We recommend the following hotels which are very close to our Dental Care Clinic:
- Sandman Suites
- Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre
- The Sutton Place
- Marriot Residence Inn
Wondering about places to eat and things to see? Our Dental Admin staff will be happy to offer a wide variety of beautiful sites and fine dining to experience in Vancouver.