12 Simple Ways to Keep Your Pearly Whites Shining!
There is no better accessory than a beautifully white smile! After making the choice to invest in your smile through cosmetic dentistry, maintaining that newly white smile is important, and it can actually be quite simple! One everyday task that can help you keep your teeth white: Food! Certain foods can help keep your pearly white smile shining!
- An Apple A Day! As the old saying goes, “an apple a day, keeps the doctor away!” It may not keep them away, but an apple works like a toothbrush and can help fight cavities.
- Got Milk? Drink up and load up your source of Vitamin D! Low Vitamin D can lead to periodontal diseases, dental caries and more!
- Get Your Crunch On! Crunchy foods such as nuts, carrots or celery produce saliva that fights bad bacteria!
- Pick Up Some Raisins! These little golden nuggets help fight inflammation in the mouth and help to fight gum disease.
- Sip Some Tea! Green tea is known for its disease fighting antioxidants power and the same goes for helping your teeth!
- Garlic, Garlic and More Garlic! Believe it or not, it actually works against bad breath.
- Reach for Some Yogurt! It is the battle of the bacteria! A yogurts good bacterium helps to fight your mouths bad bacteria!
- Get Your Citrus On! Even through it is acidic, citrus fruits increase the saliva flow in your mouth and can also help in protecting tooth enamel.
- Chocoholics Rejoice! Cocoa has substances that help combat and dampen inflammation, as well as may help protect against erosion and decay.
- Go Ahead, Order the Rib-Eye! The phosphorus in steaks helps to protect tooth enamel and bone.
- Snack on Some Cheese! Studies have shown, snacking on cheese can help raise your mouths’ pH to nearly perfect, freshly-brushed levels.
- Don’t Forget the h2o! Water keeps your throat and lips moist and prevents your mouth from feeling dry. A dry mouth can cause bad breath and/or an unpleasant taste and can even promote cavities.