What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain Veneers (also known as dental veneers) are a thin, semi-translucent laminate that is permanently bonded to your teeth to change their colour or shape.
While dental veneers may not be the solution to every cosmetic dentistry issue, they are a great solution for a number of aesthetic dental conditions involving the front teeth, including:
- Diastemas (spaces between teeth)
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Unsightly, stained or washed out fillings
- Un-bleachable, permanently stained or discolored teeth
- Crooked teeth
Why should I choose dental veneers?
- Little or no anesthesia necessary
- Porcelain veneers have a longer life expectancy than bonding
- Porcelain veneers have greater colour-stability than bonding
- Highly resistant to permanent staining from coffee, tea and smoking
- Dental veneers mask tetracycline staining
- Repair cosmetic defects caused by an injury or root-canal procedures
- Dental veneers also mask discoloured fillings, gaps and chips in front teeth